Privacy is an important factor that Lorable considers in the development of each of our products and services. This policy explains what information we collect when you use Lorable’s sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”) and what we do with that information once we have it. We are committed to being transparent and open, and want our users to understand that Lorable has their privacy interests in mind.
What do we mean by "personal information?"
For us, "personal information" means information which identifies you, like your name or email address. Any information that falls outside of this is "non-personal information." If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information. If we remove all personal information from a set of data then the remaining is non-personal information.
Information We Collect & How We Use It
The tracking we do at Lorable is to improve our product and our users' experience. In order to give you the best possible experience using Lorable, we collect information from your interactions with our app, website, and servers. Some of this information, you actively tell us (such as your name or email address). Other information, we collect based on actions you take while using Lorable, such as what stories you read, decisions you make and your interactions with Lorable’s features (like commenting, rating, and following). This information can include records of those interactions, your IP address, and device information (such as device or browser type). We use this information to:
- provide, test, improve, promote and personalize your Lorable experience
- fight spam and other forms of abuse
- generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use Lorable
How do we gather information about you?
We gather information about you when:
- you give it to us directly (e.g., when you sign up);
- we collect it automatically through our products and services (e.g., when we get your time zone);
- someone else tells us information about you (e.g., data shared with Lorable when you use Twitter to share a story);
- when we try and understand more about you based on information you've given to us (e.g., when we recommend stories to you based on your previous ratings).
What do we do with your information once we have it?
When you give us information, we will use it in the ways for which you've given us permission. Generally, we use your information to help us provide and improve our products and services for you.
When do we share your information with others?
- When we have asked and received your permission to share it.
- For processing or providing products and services to you.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit. We'll notify you when we're asked to hand over your personal information in this way unless we're legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we'll only release your personal information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party's request to disclose your information.
- If our organizational structure or status changes (if we undergo a restructuring, are acquired, or go bankrupt) we may pass your information to a successor or affiliate.
How do we store and protect your personal information?
Lorable uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, such as Amazon, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run Lorable. By using Lorable’s Services, you authorize Lorable to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it and have implemented security measures to do so. Despite our efforts, if we learn of a security breach, we'll notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
Children Under the Age of 13
Lorable, Inc. does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system's database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to email@example.com. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
Links to Other Web Sites
Lorable, Inc. shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control. Lorable also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of Terms
We may need to change this policy and our notices. The updates will be posted online. Your continued use of the product or service after the effective date of such changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. To make your review more convenient, we will post an effective date at the top of the page.
If you want to make a correction to your information, or you have any questions about our privacy policies, please get in touch with: Lorable, Incorporated Attn: Legal Notices - Privacy 1515 Plumas Street Reno, NV 89509 firstname.lastname@example.org